upgradednformat (8) - Linux Man Pages
NAMEupgradednformat - Directory Server script for upgrading the DN format
SYNOPSISupgradednformat -n backendname -a database_directory [-Z serverID] [-N] [-h]
DESCRIPTIONUpdates older-style DN syntaxes to RFC 4514-style DN syntaxes for migrated databases. This is usually needed after migrating from an older version of Directory Server. This script must be run while the server is stopped.
OPTIONSA summary of options is included below:
- -n Backend Name
- The name of the LDBM database to reindex. Example: userRoot
- -a Database directory
- The full path to the database directory.
- -Z Server Identifier
- The server ID of the Directory Server instance. If there is only one instance on the system, this option can be skipped.
- Only checks whether any DNs in the database need to be updated.
Display the usage.
- upgradednformat -n userRoot -a /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-instance2/db -Z instance2
DIAGNOSTICSExit status is zero if no errors occur. Errors result in a non-zero exit status and a diagnostic message being written to standard error.
AUTHORupgradednformat was written by the 389 Project.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to https://fedorahosted.org/389/newticket.
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2013 Red Hat, Inc.