ccw_device_start_timeout_key (9) - Linux Man Pages
ccw_device_start_timeout_key: start a s390 channel program with timeout and key
ccw_device_start_timeout_key - start a s390 channel program with timeout and key
int ccw_device_start_timeout_key(struct ccw_device
*cdev, struct ccw1 *cpa, unsigned long intparm, __u8 lpm, __u8 key, unsigned long flags, int expires);
- target ccw device
- logical start address of channel program
- user specific interruption parameter; will be presented back to cdev's interrupt handler. Allows a device driver to associate the interrupt with a particular I/O request.
- defines the channel path to be used for a specific I/O request. A value of 0 will make cio use the opm.
- storage key to be used for the I/O
- additional flags; defines the action to be performed for I/O processing.
- timeout value in jiffies
Start a S/390 channel program. When the interrupt arrives, the IRQ handler is called, either immediately, delayed (dev-end missing, or sense required) or never (no IRQ handler registered). This function notifies the device driver if the channel program has not completed during the time specified by expires. If a timeout occurs, the channel program is terminated via xsch, hsch or csch, and the device's interrupt handler will be called with an irb containing ERR_PTR(-ETIMEDOUT).
Cornelia Huck <cornelia.huck [at] de.ibm.com>