iget5_locked (9) - Linux Man Pages
iget5_locked: obtain an inode from a mounted file system
iget5_locked - obtain an inode from a mounted file system
struct inode * iget5_locked(struct super_block
*sb, unsigned long hashval, int (*test) (struct inodeset) *, void *), int (* (struct inodedata); *, void *), void *
- super block of file system
- hash value (usually inode number) to get
- callback used for comparisons between inodes
- callback used to initialize a new struct inode
- opaque data pointer to pass to test and set
Search for the inode specified by hashval and data in the inode cache, and if present it is return it with an increased reference count. This is a generalized version of iget_locked for file systems where the inode number is not sufficient for unique identification of an inode.
If the inode is not in cache, allocate a new inode and return it locked, hashed, and with the I_NEW flag set. The file system gets to fill it in before unlocking it via unlock_new_inode.