usb_create_shared_hcd (9) - Linux Manuals
usb_create_shared_hcd: create and initialize an HCD structure
usb_create_shared_hcd - create and initialize an HCD structure
struct usb_hcd * usb_create_shared_hcd(const struct hc_driver
* driver, struct device * dev, const char * bus_name, struct usb_hcd * primary_hcd);
- HC driver that will use this hcd
- device for this HC, stored in hcd->self.controller
- value to store in hcd->self.bus_name
- a pointer to the usb_hcd structure that is sharing the PCI device. Only allocate certain resources for the primary HCD
Allocate a struct usb_hcd, with extra space at the end for the HC driver's private data. Initialize the generic members of the hcd structure.
On success, a pointer to the created and initialized HCD structure. On failure (e.g. if memory is unavailable), NULL.