aptd (1) - Linux Man Pages
aptd: package managing daemon proving a D-Bus interface
aptd - package managing daemon proving a D-Bus interface
DESCRIPTIONaptd allows to perform package management tasks, e.g. installing or removing software, using a D-Bus interface. The privileges are handled by PolicyKit so the client application doesn't need to run as root. Furthermore aptd is started by D-Bus activation only when an user calls a method.
- -d, --debug
- Show additional information on the command line.
- -h, --help
- Show information about the usage of the command.
- -r, --replace
- Replace another aptd instance if it is running.
- -p PROFILE_FILE
- Write profiling data to PROFILE_FILE using Python's profiler. This is only of use to developers.
- -t, --disable-timeout
- Do not shutdown the daemon after an idle time.
- Instead of applying the changes to the system only show a progress. This option is only usable for developers to locate problems in client applications.
- Adds a small post update hook which will emit the org.debian.apt.CacheChanged signal on the system D-Bus to indicate that the cache has been changed and a possible running aptd instance should reloade its internal cache.
- The PolicyKit definitions of the privileges used by aptdaemon, e.g. to install packages. To change the privileges please have a look at PolicyKit.conf(1).
- The D-Bus configuration of the org.debian.apt name space.