bcp (1) - Linux Man Pages
bcp: extract subsets of Boost
NAMEbcp - extract subsets of Boost
SYNOPSISbcp --list [options] module-list
bcp [options] module-list output-path
bcp --report [options] module-list html-file
DESCRIPTIONCopies all the files, including dependencies, found in module-list to output-path. output-path must be an existing path.
With --list, prints the list of all the files in module-list, including dependencies.
With --report, writes the HTML report to html-file.
With --help, prints a quick usage reminder.
When the --scan option is not used, a list of Boost files or library names to copy. It can be:
- - The name of a tool: for example "build" will find "tools/build".
- - The name of a library: for example "regex".
- - The title of a header: for example "scoped_ptr" will find "boost/scoped_ptr.hpp".
- - The name of a header: for example "scoped_ptr.hpp" will find "boost/scoped_ptr.hpp".
- - The name of a file: for example "boost/regex.hpp".
File dependenciesC++ source files are scanned for #includes, all #includes present in the Boost source tree will then be scanned for their dependencies and so on.
C++ source files are associated with the name of a library, if that library has source code (and possibly build data), then include that source in the dependencies.
C++ source files are checked for dependencies on Boost.Test (for example to see if they use cpp_main as an entry point).
HTML report contains:
- all the licenses in effect, plus the files using each license, and the copyright holders using each license
- any files with no recognizable license (please report these to the Boost mailing lists)
- any files with no recognizable copyright holders (please report these to the Boost mailing lists)
- all the copyright holders and the files on which they hold copyright
- sets the location of the Boost tree to path
- treat the module list as a list of (possibly non-boost) files to scan for Boost dependencies
- only copy files under CVS version control
- make sure that all copied files use Unix style line endings
- bcp scoped_ptr /foo
- Copies boost/scoped_ptr.hpp and dependencies to /foo.
- bcp boost/regex.hpp /foo
- Copies boost/regex.hpp and all dependencies including the regex source code (in libs/regex/src) and build files (in libs/regex/build) to /foo. Does not copy the regex documentation, test or example code.
- bcp regex /foo
- Copies the full regex lib (in libs/regex) including dependencies (such as the Boost.Test source required by the regex test programs) to /foo.
- bcp regex config build /foo
- Copies the full regex lib (in libs/regex) plus the config lib (libs/config) and the build system (tools/build) to /foo including all the dependencies.
- bcp --scan --boost=/boost foo.cpp bar.cpp boost
- Scans the [non-boost] files foo.cpp and bar.cpp for Boost dependencies and copies those dependencies to the sub-directory boost.
- bcp --report regex.hpp boost-regex-report.html
- Creates a HTML report called boost-regex-report.html for the Boost module regex.hpp.
AUTHORSAuthor of bcp is John Maddock.
Author of this manpage is Domenico Andreoli, who copied stuff from bcp --help and the HTML documentation.
Linux man pages generated by: SysTutorials