db_tuner (1) - Linux Man Pages
db_tuner: analyze and tune btree database
NAMEdb_tuner - analyze and tune btree database
SYNOPSISdb_tuner [-c cachesize] -d file [-h home] [-s database] [-v]
DESCRIPTIONThe db_tuner utility analyzes the data in a btree database, and suggests a page size that is likely to deliver optimal operation.
- -c cachesize
- Specify a value of the cachesize, otherwise, the default value will be set.
- -d file
- Display database statistics for the specified file. If the database contains multiple databases and the -s flag is not specified, the statistics are for the internal database that describes the other databases the file contains, and not for the file as a whole.
- -h home
- Specify a home directory for the database environment.
- -s database
- Display page size recommendation for the specified database contained in the file specified with the -d flag.
- Display verbose information.
NOTESThe db_tuner utility assumes that databases are compacted when analysing the data. The analysis is based on a static view of the data and the data access and update patterns are not take into account.
SEE ALSOdb_archive(1) db_checkpoint(1) db_deadlock(1) db_dump(1) db_hotbackup(1) db_log_verify(1) db_load(1) db_printlog(1) db_recover(1) db_replicate(1) db_stat(1) db_upgrade(1) db_verify(1)