devilspie2 (1) - Linux Man Pages
devilspie2: perform scripted actions on windows as they are created
NAMEDevilspie2 - perform scripted actions on windows as they are created
DescriptionDevilspie2 is a program that detects windows as they are created, and performs scripted actions on them. The scripts are written in LUA, allowing a great deal of customisation.
More details in /usr/share/doc/devilspie2.
- Displays the version of Devilspie2.
- --folder folder
- Sets the folder where the LUA scripts are loaded from.
- Shows debug information from the LUA scripts. If debug_print is used in the LUA scripts, that output will only be printed to stdout if this option is used.
- Emulate script behaviour. Using this option only emulates a scripts behaviour, and doesn't affect the windows that the scripts otherwise would modify.
- Show version of the libwnck used. (Only availible on GTK3 or later)
- See the README or the manual linked from the homepage for a detailed description
of the commands recognized by the LUA script.
AuthorDevilspie2 was written by Andreas Rönnquist <devilspie2 [at] gusnan.se>, and is based on Devilspie by Ross Burton.