diffindex-download (1) - Linux Man Pages
diffindex-download: Download utility for Debian Contents files
diffindex-download - Download utility for Debian Contents files
diffindex-download [ options ] URL filename
diffindex-download is a command line tool for downloading Contents files. It uses APT's diff/Index format patches when available to avoid downloading the full file. diffindex-download is used by apt-file.
- -n number
- If more than number patches would be necessary, download the whole file. Specifying 0 to always download the whole file is possible.
- Don't verify the peer certificate when using https.
- -c cacert
- If cacert is a directory: Use cacert as CA certificate path. Otherwise use cacert as CA certificate bundle. See the --capath and --cacert options in the curl(1) man page.
- Don't exit with errror if the URL does not exist. This is useful as some archives don't provide Contents files.
- Be quiet (opposite of -v). The default if stdout is not a terminal.
- Be verbose (opposite of -q). The default if stdout is a terminal.
- Print additional debug info.
- Display a short help screen.
diffindex-download was written by Stefan Fritsch <sf [at] debian.org>.