doveadm-instance (1) - Linux Man Pages
doveadm-instance: Manage the list of running Dovecot instances
NAMEdoveadm-instance - Manage the list of running Dovecot instances
SYNOPSISdoveadm [-Dv] [-f formatter] instance list
doveadm [-Dv] instance remove name | base_dir
DESCRIPTIONThe doveadm instance commands are used to manage the list of Dovecot instances running on the server. In most installations there is only one Dovecot instance, but in some cases is may be useful to have more (e.g. running director proxy and backend in the same server).
Instances are added to the list automatically when Dovecot is started.
Each instance is uniquely identified by its
Instances can be named by setting
in each instance's
When an instance is named, it can be accessed easily by giving
OPTIONSGlobal doveadm(1) options:
- Enables verbosity and debug messages.
for formatting the output.
Supported formatters are:
- prints each line with key=value pairs.
value pair on its own line and separates records with form feed character (^L).
- prints a table header followed by tab separated value lines.
- prints a table header followed by adjusted value lines.
- Enables verbosity, including progress counter.
- The value of an instance's instance_name setting.
- The base directory of a Dovecot instance.
instance listdoveadm instance list
instance removedoveadm instance remove name | base_dir
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot [at] dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is available at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html