flatpak-build-init (1) - Linux Manuals
flatpak-build-init: Initialize a build directory
flatpak-build-init - Initialize a build directory
- flatpak build-init [OPTION...] DIRECTORY APPNAME SDK RUNTIME [BRANCH]
The result of this command is that a metadata file is created inside the given directory. Additionally, empty files and var subdirectories are created.
It is an error to run build-init on a directory that has already been initialized as a build directory.
The following options are understood:
- Show help options and exit.
- The architecture to use. See flatpak --supported-arches for architectures supported by the host.
- Initialize var from the named runtime.
- Initialize /usr with a copy of the sdk, which is writable during flatpak build. This can be used if you need to install build tools in /usr during the build. This is stored in the usr subdirectory of the app dir, but will not be part of the final app.
- Add a tag to the metadata file. This option can be used multiple times.
- When using --writable-sdk, in addition to the sdk, also install the specified extension. This option can be used multiple times.
- Add extension point info.
- Specify a custom subdirectory to use instead of usr for --writable-sdk.
- Re-initialize the sdk and var, don't fail if already initialized.
- Initialize the application with files from another specified application.
- Specify the version to use for --base. If not specified, will default to "master".
- When using --base, also install the specified extension from the app. This option can be used multiple times.
- This can be used to build different types of things. The default is "app" which is a regular app, but "runtime" creates a runtime based on an existing runtime, and "extension" creates an extension for an app or runtime.
- If building an extension, the tag to use when searching for the mount point of the extension.
- Print debug information during command processing.
- Print OSTree debug information during command processing.
$ flatpak build-init /build/my-app org.gnome.Sdk org.gnome.Platform 3.16
flatpak(1), flatpak-build(1), flatpak-build-finish(1), flatpak-build-export(1)