gmtlegs (1) - Linux Man Pages
gmtlegs: Find cruises in a given region
NAMEgmtlegs - Find cruises in a given region
SYNOPSISgmtlegs -Rwest/east/south/north[r] [ -G ] [ -M ] [ -T ] [ -L ] [ -V ]
DESCRIPTIONgmtlegs will report the name of all the cruises that happened to be wholly or partially inside the specified region. As an option, only those cruises that collected a certain type of data can be reported.
- west, east, south, and north specify the Region of interest, and you may specify them in decimal degrees or in [+-]dd:mm[:ss.xxx][W|E|S|N] format. Append r if lower left and upper right map coordinates are given instead of w/e/s/n. The two shorthands -Rg and -Rd stand for global domain (0/360 and -180/+180 in longitude respectively, with -90/+90 in latitude). Alternatively, specify the name of an existing grid file and the -R settings (and grid spacing, if applicable) are copied from the grid.
OPTIONSNo space between the option flag and the associated arguments
- Report cruises that collected Gravity data. [Default is any data].
- Report cruises that collected Magnetics. [Default is any data].
- Report cruises that collected Topography. [Default is any data].
- Long output, i.e. cruisenames and data types available. [Default is cruisenames only].
- Selects verbose mode, which will send progress reports to stderr [Default runs "silently"].
EXAMPLESTo find all cruises around Hawaii that collected gravity and topography:
gmtlegs -R-162/-152/18/25 -G -T > hawaii_gt.legs
To find all cruises with magnetics:
REFERENCESWessel, P., and W. H. F. Smith, 2009, The Generic Mapping Tools (GMT) version 4.5.0 Technical Reference & Cookbook, SOEST/NOAA.
Wessel, P., and W. H. F. Smith, 1998, New, Improved Version of Generic Mapping Tools Released, EOS Trans., AGU, 79 (47), p. 579.
Wessel, P., and W. H. F. Smith, 1995, New Version of the Generic Mapping Tools Released, EOS Trans., AGU, 76 (33), p. 329.
Wessel, P., and W. H. F. Smith, 1995, New Version of the Generic Mapping Tools Released, http://www.agu.org/eos_elec/95154e.html, Copyright 1995 by the American Geophysical Union.
Wessel, P., and W. H. F. Smith, 1991, Free Software Helps Map and Display Data, EOS Trans., AGU, 72 (41), p. 441.