gnome-shell (1) - Linux Man Pages
gnome-shell: Graphical shell for the GNOME desktop
gnome-shell - Graphical shell for the GNOME desktop
- gnome-shell [OPTION...]
gnome-shell is a required component of the GNOME desktop, i.e. it is listed in the RequiredComponents field of /usr/share/gnome-session/sessions/gnome.session. It is started in the window manager phase of the session.
- Replace the running window manager
- Disable connection to the session manager
- Specify session management ID
- Initialize session from FILE
- X screen to use
- X Display to use
- Make X calls synchronous
- Print version and exit
- Display help and exit
- Use a specific mode, e.g. "gdm" for login screen
- List possible modes and exit
- Clutter the option display (otherwise ignored)
The bug tracker can be reached by visiting the website m[blue]https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=gnome-shellm. Before sending a bug report, please verify that you have the latest version of gnome-shell. Many bugs (major and minor) are fixed at each release, and if yours is out of date, the problem may already have been solved.
For further information, visit the website m[blue]https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeShellm.