gxine (1) - Linux Man Pages
gxine: a GTK/GNOME frontend to the xine video player
NAMEgxine - a GTK/GNOME frontend to the xine video player
SYNOPSISgxine [options] [files or MRLs]
gxine plays MPEG system (audio and video) streams, MPEG elementary streams (e.g. .mp3, .mpa or .mpv files), MPEG transport streams, AVI files, ASF files, Quicktime files, (S)VCDs and DVDs - anything which xine-lib can handle.
Typical usage looks like
gxine -f dvd://
Some directories and file names are not treated as ordinary files. They are:
- A directory containing a DVD filesystem structure; or a UDF filesystem image, identified by file name ("*.iso").
- A cue file, identified by file name.
You can override this by using file://full/path/to/file.
- Select which libxine audio driver to use. This setting is not permanent, but it does prevent selection of other drivers via the preferences window.
- Select which libxine video driver to use. This setting is not permanent, but it does prevent selection of other drivers via the preferences window.
- Don't show the splash window during startup.
- Don't clear the playlist before adding any MRLs; start playing the first new MRL.
- Don't clear the playlist before adding any MRLs; don't start playing the first new MRL.
- Start in full-screen mode.
- Set configuration item KEY to VALUE, e.g. "-c gui.window_size=100%".
- Verbose mode: output information about plugins, the video stream, commands executed etc. Repeat for more verbosity.
There are a couple of features which aren't immediately obvious: in full-screen mode, you can right-click to get access to the menus, or middle-click to show or hide the player controls.
AUTHORThis manual page was written by Darren Salt <linux [at] youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk>. It is based on an older version written by Philipp Matthias Hahn <pmhahn [at] titan.lahn.de> for Debian.
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2001-2006 The xine project