hist2workspace (1) - Linux Man Pages
hist2workspace: utility to create RooFit/RooStats workspace from histograms
hist2workspace - utility to create RooFit/RooStats workspace from histograms
SYNOPSIShist2workspace [option] input.xml
DESCRIPTIONhist2workspace is a utility to create RooFit/RooStats workspace from histograms
OPTIONS-standard_form default model, which creates an extended PDF that interpolates between RooHistFuncs. This is much faster for models with many bins and uses significantly less memory.
-number_counting_form this was the original model in 5.28 (without patches). It uses a Poisson for each bin of the histogram. This can become slow and memory intensive when there are many bins.
Prepare working areaThe ROOT release ships with a script prepareHistFactory in the $ROOTSYS/bin directory that prepares a working area. It creates a results/, data/, and config/ directory. It also copies the HistFactorySchema.dtd and example XML files into the config/ directory. Additionally, it copies a root file into the data/ directory for use with the examples.
HistFactorySchema.dtdThis file is located in $ROOTSYS/etc/ specifies the XML schema. It is typically placed in the config/ directory of a working area together with the top-level XML file and the individual channel XML files. The user should not modify this file.
The HistFactorySchema.dtd is commented to specify exactly the meaning of the various options.
Top-Level XML File(see for example $ROOTSYS/tutorials/histfactory/example.xml) This file is edited by the user. It specifies
- a name for this measurement to be used in tables and files
- what is the luminosity associated to the measurement in picobarns
- which bins of the histogram should be used
- what is the relative uncertainty on the luminosity
- what is
- which parameters should be fixed/floating
- which type of constriants are desired
- Gaussian by default
- Gamma, LogNormal, and Uniform are also supported
- if the tool should export the model only and skip the default fit
Channel XML Files(see for example $ROOTSYS/tutorials/histfactory/example_channel.xml) This file is edited by the user. It specifies for each channel
- if absent the tool will use the expectation, which is useful for expected sensitivity
- a name
- if the sample is normalized by theory
- a nominal expectation histogram
- a named
- Kyle Cranmer , Akira Shibata , and Dominique Tardif
COPYRIGHTThis library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA