intel_gpu_top (1) - Linux Manuals
intel_gpu_top: Display a top-like summary of Intel GPU usage
NAMEintel_gpu_top - Display a top-like summary of Intel GPU usage
intel_gpu_top intel_gpu_top [ parameters ]
DESCRIPTIONintel_gpu_top is a tool to display usage information of an Intel GPU. It requires root privilege to map the graphics device.
- -s [samples per second]
- number of samples to acquire per second
- -o [output file]
- collect usage statistics to [file]. If file is "-", run non-interactively and output statistics to stdout.
- -e [command to profile]
- execute a command, and leave when it is finished. Note that the entire command with all parameters should be included as one parameter.
- show usage notes
- intel_gpu_top -o "cairo-trace-gvim.log" -s 100 -e "cairo-perf-trace /tmp/gvim"
- will run cairo-perf-trace with /tmp/gvim trace, non-interactively, saving the statistics into cairo-trace-gvim.log file, and collecting 100 samples per second.
BUGSSome GPUs report some units as busy when they aren't, such that even when idle and not hung, it will show up as 100% busy.