krb5-config (1) - Linux Man Pages
krb5-config: tool for linking against MIT Kerberos libraries
NAMEkrb5-config - tool for linking against MIT Kerberos libraries
- prints a usage message. This is the default behavior when no options are specified.
- prints the version, vendor, prefix, and exec-prefix.
- prints the version number of the Kerberos installation.
- prints the name of the vendor of the Kerberos installation.
- prints the prefix for which the Kerberos installation was built.
- prints the prefix for executables for which the Kerberos installation was built.
- prints the built-in default credentials cache location.
- prints the built-in default keytab location.
- prints the built-in default client (initiator) keytab location.
- prints the compilation flags used to build the Kerberos installation.
- --libs [library]
prints the compiler options needed to link against library.
Allowed values for library are:
krb5 Kerberos 5 applications (default) gssapi GSSAPI applications with Kerberos 5 bindings kadm-client Kadmin client kadm-server Kadmin server kdb Applications that access the Kerberos database
krb5-config is particularly useful for compiling against a Kerberos installation that was installed in a non-standard location. For example, a Kerberos installation that is installed in /opt/krb5/ but uses libraries in /usr/local/lib/ for text localization would produce the following output:
shell% krb5-config --libs krb5 -L/opt/krb5/lib -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/opt/krb5/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err