kupfer (1) - Linux Man Pages
kupfer: Convenient command and access tool for applications and documents
NAMEkupfer - Convenient command and access tool for applications and documents
kupfer [ OPTIONS | FILE ... ] kupfer-exec FILE ...
Kupfer is an interface for quick and convenient access to applications and their documents.
The most typical use is to find a specific application and launch it. We have tried to make Kupfer easy to extend with plugins so that this quick-access paradigm can be extended to many more objects than just applications.
Running kupfer on the command line (without options) will try to show the program it if already running.
Kupfer can be invoked with a list of files kupfer FILE ...
This can be used to select files given as command-line arguments in the program. Then you can invoke actions even on objects from a shell-based context.
- Launch without presenting main interface
- Display a list of all installed plugins
- Enable more verbose output that can help understanding the program's operation.
- Is deprecated and will be started by the Multihead Support plugin when needed
Run plugin helper program, which should be the
name of a module inside kupfer.
The following are generic options
- Display usage information
- Display version information
If KUPFER_NO_CUSTOM_PLUGINS is set, only allow loading built-in plugins (installed in the program's python package).
AUTHORUlrik Sverdrup <ulrik.sverdrup [at] gmail.com>