lintian-lab-tool (1) - Linux Man Pages
lintian-lab-tool: perform common operations on/involving laboratories
lintian-lab-tool - perform common operations on/involving laboratories
SYNOPSISlintian-lab-tool <cmd> <lab> [...]
DESCRIPTIONThe lintian-lab-tool ...
- create-lab laboratory-dir
- Creates a new permanent Lintian laboratory in the directory denoted by laboratory-dir.
- help [cmd]
- Display the synopsis of this tool or one of its operations.
- remove-lab laboratory-dir
- Removes a permanent Lintian laboratory in the directory denoted by laboratory-dir.
- remove-pkgs laboratory-dir query [... query]
- Removes all packages matching the given queries from the permanent Lintian laboratory denoted by laboratory-dir.
- scrub-lab laboratory-dir
Attempt to fix common metadata issues in an existing laboratory.
This command can correct some corruptions caused by programs that failed to synchronize the laboratory metadata with the actual contents. Almost all corrections involve discarding corrupted entries.
These issues usually occur because:
- Two processes update the laboratory concurrently.
- A process updated the laboratory but was killed / crashed before it properly close the laboratory.
Note that Lintian tools will fix these issues automatically as the tools happen to run into the issues.
CAVEATLaboratories are not designed to have multiple processes working on them concurrently.
AUTHORSNiels Thykier <niels [at] thykier.net>
Richard Braakman <dark [at] xs4all.nl>
Christian Schwarz <schwarz [at] monet.m.isar.de>