maketext (1) - Linux Man Pages
maketext: translate and make messages
maketext - translate and make messages
maketext [OPTION] [--domain=TEXTDOMAIN] MSGKEY [PARAM...] maketext [OPTION] -s MSGID [PARAM...]
DESCRIPTIONThe "maketext" script translates a natural language message into the user's language, by looking up the translation in a message MO file, and process the plural transformation with Maketext.
The "maketext" script is a command-line interface to Locale::Maketext::Gettext(3) (and Locale::Maketext(3)). It can be used in shell scripts, etc, to translate, maketext and return the result. By this way, it enables Maketext to be integrated into other programming languages/systems, like bash/csh, python, PHP, C, etc. It works like the command-line program gettext.
% maketext -s "[*,_1,virus was,viruses were] found in [*,_2,file,files]." 0 1 0 viruses were found in 1 file. % maketext -s "[*,_1,virus was,viruses were] found in [*,_2,file,files]." 1 3 1 virus was found in 3 files. %
- Retrieve translated messages from TEXTDOMAIN.
- Adds a new line to the end of the output so that it behaves like the `echo' or the `gettext' command.
- Display the help messages.
- Display version information and exit.
- The original text used to look up translated text.
- Parameters to Maketext for the plural and other text functions.
- TEXTDOMAIN is used to determine the text domain when the -d parameter is not given.
- TEXTDOMAINDIR is used to search the message catelog/MO file if it does not reside in the system locale directories.
NOTESMaketext language function override, like "quant" or "numerate", is not available here. Suggestions are welcome.
BUGSReport bugs to imacat <imacat [at] mail.imacat.idv.tw>
AUTHORimacat <imacat [at] mail.imacat.idv.tw>
COPYRIGHTCopyright (c) 2003-2007 imacat. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.