nprint (1) - Linux Man Pages
nprint: NetWare print client
NAMEnprint - NetWare print client
SYNOPSISnprint [ -S server ] [ -h ] [ -U username | -n ] [ -C ] [ -q queuename ] [ -d job-description ] [ -p pathname-in-banner ] [ -B username-in-banner ] [ -s ] [ -f filename-in-banner ] [ -l lines ] [ -r rows ] [ -c copies ] [ -t tab size ] [ -T ] [ -N ] [ -F form-number ] filename
DESCRIPTIONWith nprint, you can print files on print queues of a NetWare file server.
There are a lot of options, so you should probably wrap some default configurations into some shell scripts.
nprint looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons.
- filename is the name of the file you want to print. If file is '-', or no filename is given, standard input is used.
- -h is used to print out a short help text.
- server is the name of the server you want to use.
- username is the user name to use for the print request at the server.
- password is the password to use for the print request at the server. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nprint prompts for a password.
- -n should be given if no password is required for the print request.
- By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C.
- queuename is the name of the print queue to use at the print server. At present, you must specify it in upper case characters.
- job-description is the string that appears in pconsole when you list the jobs for the print queue. It will also appear in the "Description" field on the banner page.
- pathname-in-banner is the string (up to 79 characters) you want to be printed in the "Directory" field on the banner page.
- username-in-banner is the string (up to 12 characters) you want to appear on the lower part of the banner page. It will also appear in the "User name" field.
- Supress printing of banner page
- filename-in-banner is the string (up to 12 characters) you want to appear in large letters on the lower part of the banner page. Default: the name of the file that is printed, or 'stdin'.
- lines is the number of lines to put on one page. Default: 66.
- rows is the number of rows to put on one page. Default: 80.
- copies tells the print server to the specified number of copies. Default: 1.
- tabs is the number of spaces to print for a Tab-Character. Default: 8.
- tells the print server to expand Tab-Character and use 8 spaces
- tells the print server not to use Form Feeds
- form-number is the the number of the form to be put into the printer. If it's different from the one currently in the printer, your job is only printed if a printer operator has put in the correct form.
NOTESThe '-B' option was formerly '-b'. But it conflicted with 'bindery only' login option.
CREDITSnprint was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke [at] math.uni-goettingen.de)