otr_toolkit (1) - Linux Man Pages
otr_toolkit: Process Off-the-Record Messaging transcripts
otr_parse, otr_sesskeys, otr_mackey, otr_readforge, otr_modify, otr_remac - Process Off-the-Record Messaging transcripts
otr_sesskeys our_privkey their_pubkey
otr_readforge aes_enc_key [newmsg]
otr_modify mackey old_text new_text offset
otr_remac mackey sender_instance receiver_instance flags snd_keyid rcv_keyid pubkey counter encdata revealed_mackeys
DESCRIPTIONOff-the-Record (OTR) Messaging allows you to have private conversations over IM by providing:
- No one else can read your instant messages.
- You are assured the correspondent is who you think it is.
- The messages you send do
- If you lose control of your private keys, no previous conversation
The OTR Toolkit is useful for analyzing and/or forging OTR messages. Why do we offer this? Primarily, to make absolutely sure that transcripts of OTR conversations are really easy to forge after the fact. [Note that during an OTR conversation, messages can't be forged without real-time access to the secret keys on the participants' computers, and in that case, all security has already been lost.] Easily-forgeable transcripts help us provide the "Deniability" property: if someone claims you said something over OTR, they'll have no proof, as anyone at all can modify a transcript to make it say whatever they like, and still have all the verification come out correctly.
Here are the six programs in the toolkit:
- Parse OTR messages given on stdin, showing the values of all the
- Shows our public key, the session id, two AES and two MAC keys
- Shows the MAC key derived from the given AES key.
- Decrypts an OTR Data message using the given AES key, and displays
- If newmsg is given, replace the message with that one, encrypt
- Even if you can't read the data because you don't know either
- Note that, even if you don't know any text in an existing message,
- Make a new OTR protocol version 3 Data Message, with the given
otr_toolkit was written by the OTR Dev Team <otr [at] cypherpunks.ca>.