pac (1) - Linux Man Pages
pac: Perl Auto Connector
pac - Perl Auto Connector
is a (simple?) GUI to manage/launch connections to remote machines with:
- Configurable [Pre|Post]-connection local commands execution.
- Configurable list of macros (commands) to send to connected client.
- Configurable list of macros (commands) to execute locally when connected.
- Configurable list of conditional executions on connected machine via 'Expect':
. forget about SSH certificates
. chain multiple ssh connections
. automate tunnels creation
- Ability to connect to machines through a Proxy server!
- Scripting (Perl language), just like SecureCRT, but much better! :P
- Wake On LAN capabilities
- TABBED/WINDOWED terminals
- Possibility to *CLUSTER* terminals!!
- Local and Global variables, eg.: write down a password once, use it ANY where, centralizing its modification for faster changes! use them for:
. password vault
. reusing connection strings
- Seamless Gnome/Gtk integration.
- Tray icon for 'right button' quick launching of managed connections.
- Written in Perl/Gtk (wait, *is* that a feature? Well, it is for me! ;=)
minimized to tray.
Per user configuration directory.
Uses next Gnome's configuration paths:
Takes this proxy path
Takes this proxy port
Takes this proxy user name
Takes this proxy password
Well... I thinks that by this version, there should not be any known bugs but, I'm sure you 'will' find some. If so, please, let me know!
David Torrejón Vaquerizas <david.tv [at] gmail.com>