package-cleanup (1) - Linux Man Pages
package-cleanup: clean up locally installed, duplicate, or orphaned packages
NAMEpackage-cleanup - clean up locally installed, duplicate, or orphaned packages
SYNOPSISpackage-cleanup [options] <item ...>
package-cleanup is a program for cleaning up the locally-installed RPMs.
- -c <config file>
- Use alternative config file (default is /etc/yum.conf).
- -h, --help
- Help; display a help message and then quit.
- -q, --quiet
- Print out nothing unnecessary.
- -v, --version
- Report program version and exit.
- Agree to anything asked.
- List leaf nodes in the local RPM database. Leaf nodes are RPMs that are not relied upon by any other RPM.
- List installed packages which are not available from currently configured repositories. This is identical to "yum list extras", which may provide better output.
- Remove old kernel and kernel-devel packages.
- List dependency problems in the local RPM database. If any problems are found it will exit with an exit code of 1.
- Scan for duplicates in the local RPM database.
- Scan for duplicates in the local RPM database and clean out the older versions.
- --count <COUNT>
- Number of duplicate/kernel packages to keep on the system (default 2)
- When listing leaf nodes also list leaf nodes that are not libraries.
- A package name that matches this regular expression will be considered a leaf.
- When listing leaf nodes do not list development packages.
- When listing leaf nodes do not list packages with files in bin directories.
Do not remove kernel-devel packages when removing kernels
- List all dependency problems:
- package-cleanup --problems
- List all packages that are not in any Yum repository:
- package-cleanup --orphans
- Remove old kernels keeping 3 and leaving old kernel-devel packages installed:
- package-cleanup --oldkernels --count=3 --keepdevel
- List all leaf packages with no files in a bin directory whose name begins with either 'perl' or 'python':
- package-cleanup --leaves --exclude-bin --leaf-regex="^(perl)|(python)"
FILESAs package-cleanup uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details:
/etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/
See the Authors file included with this program.
BUGSThere are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel [at] lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs.
yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/