pg_test_fsync (1) - Linux Man Pages
pg_test_fsync: determine fastest wal_sync_method for PostgreSQL
pg_test_fsync - determine fastest wal_sync_method for PostgreSQL
- pg_test_fsync [option...]
pg_test_fsync accepts the following command-line options:
- Specifies the file name to write test data in. This file should be in the same file system that the pg_xlog directory is or will be placed in. (pg_xlog contains the WAL files.) The default is pg_test_fsync.out in the current directory.
- Specifies the number of seconds for each test. The more time per test, the greater the test's accuracy, but the longer it takes to run. The default is 2 seconds, which allows the program to complete in about 30 seconds.
- Print the pg_test_fsync version and exit.
- Show help about pg_test_fsync command line arguments, and exit.