pgmtoy4m (1) - Linux Man Pages
pgmtoy4m: Convert mpeg2dec pgm and pgmpipe output to YUV4MPEG2
NAMEpgmtoy4m - Convert mpeg2dec pgm and pgmpipe output to YUV4MPEG2
DESCRIPTIONpgmtoy4m repacks the PGM output from mpeg2dec into YUV4MPEG2 4:2:0p. No actual changes to the data are made. The data is unpacked from the quasi-PGM format and placed in YUV4MPEG2 format with the specified sample aspect, frame rate and field order. Output must be either to a pipe or a file, leaving stdout as a terminal will elicit an error and the program will exit.
OPTIONSpgmtoy4m accepts the following options:
- -v num
- Set verbosity level. (default: 0)
- Print a usage summary and exit.
- -i t|b|p
- Set the interlacing mode. Top field first (t), bottom field first (b) or progressive/none (p). (default: t)
- -a sar
- Set the sample aspect ratio. (default: 10:11)
- -r frame rate
- Set the frame rate. (default: 30000:1001)
mpeg2dec -s -o pgmpipe file.mpg | pgmtoy4m -a 10:11 -r 24000:1001 -i b | yuvplay mpeg2dec -s -o pgm file.mpg cat *.pgm | pgmtoy4m -r 30000:1001 -i t | yuvplay
NOTESThis program is specifically designed to work with the output of mpeg2dec and is NOT a general PGM (NetPBM) tool!
From the introduction in the source file:
* Note: mpeg2dec uses a variation of the PGM format - they're really not * "Grey Maps" but rather a catenation of the 420P data (commonly called * "YUV"). The type is P5 ("raw") and the number of rows is really * the total of the Y', Cb and Cr heights. The Cb and Cr data is "joined" * together. After the Y' rows you have 1 row of Cb and 1 row of Cr per * "row" of PGM data. * NOTE: You MAY need to know the field order (top/bottom field first), * sample aspect ratio and frame rate because the PGM format makes * none of that information available!
AUTHORThis manpage was written by Steven Schultz (sms at 2bsd dot com).
BUGSPossible but none known at the present time.