pkcon (1) - Linux Manuals
pkcon: PackageKit console client
pkcon - PackageKit console client
- pkcon [OPTION...] [COMMAND]
pkcon knows about the following commands. Depending on the backend in use, not all of them may be available.
- Print information about the PackageKit backend in use.
- List the roles that a transaction can have.
- List the available package groups.
- List the available filters.
- List known transactions.
- Print the time that has passed since the last transaction with the given role.
search [name|details|group|file] DATA
- Search for a package matching the given data. The search is performed in the package information that is indicated by the first argument: name, details, group or files.
- Install the given packages from repositories.
- Install the given packages from the local filesystem.
download DIRECTORY PACKAGES
- Download the given packages from repositories, and store them in the given directory.
install-sig TYPE KEY_ID PACKAGE
- Install a package signature. Only GPG signatures are supported at this time.
- Remove the given package.
- Update the system by installing available updates. If a list of packages is specified, only install updates for these packages.
- Refresh the cached information about available updates.
- Resolve the given package name and print information about installed or available packages and updates.
upgrade-system DISTRIBUTION [minimal|default|complete]
- Upgrade the system to the given distribution.
- List available updates.
- List available distribution upgrades.
- List dependencies fo the given package.
- List packages that require the given package.
- Print details about the available or installed package with the given name.
- Print details about the local package.
- List the files contained in the given package.
- List the files contained in the local package.
- Print the package changelog for the given package.
- List all available and installed packages.
- List all configured package repositories.
- Enable the given repository.
- Disable the given repository.
repo-set-data REPOSITORY PARAMETER DATA
- Set the given parameter to the given value for the repository.
repo-remove REPOSITORY PARAMETER
- Removes the repository and optionally any packages installed from it.
- List packages that provide the given string.
- Accept the EULA with the given id.
- List available categories.
- Attempt to repair the system package database.
- Print information about the prepared offline update. If no offline update is prepared, exit with an exit code of 1.
- Trigger an offline update.
- Print information about the result of the last offline update.
The following options can be used to influence the behavior of pkcon.
- Print the program version and exit.
- Show help options.
- Show all help options.
- Set the filter to use.
- Install packages without asking for confirmation.
- Prepare the transaction by downloading packages only.
- Run the command using idle network bandwidth and also using less power.
- Print to screen a machine-readable output, rather than using animated widgets.
- Show debugging information.
-c, --cache-age AGE
- Set the maximum acceptable age for cached metadata, in seconds. Use -1 for 'never'.
- Allow untrusted packages to be installed.
- Allow packages to be downgraded during transaction.
- Allow packages to be reinstalled during transaction.
- Failed with miscellaneous internal error.
- Failed with syntax error, or failed to parse command.
- Failed as a file or directory was not found.
- Nothing useful was done.
- The initial setup failed, e.g. setting the network proxy.
- The transaction failed, see the detailed error for more information.
Copyright © 2007 - 2013 Richard Hughes
The programs are documented fully on http://www.packagekit.org.