pmdarsyslog (1) - Linux Manuals
pmdarsyslog: rsyslog (reliable and extended syslog) PMDA
NAMEpmdarsyslog - rsyslog (reliable and extended syslog) PMDA
DESCRIPTIONpmdarsyslog is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which exports metric values from the rsyslogd(8) server. Further details about rsyslog can be found at http://www.rsyslog.com/.
INSTALLATIONIf you want access to the names and values for the rsyslog performance metrics, do the following as root:
To uninstall, do the following as root:
In order to use this agent, rsyslog stats gathering must be enabled. This is done by adding the lines:
to your rsyslog.conf(5) configuration file after installing the PMDA. Take care to ensure the syslog.info messages do not get logged in any other file, as this could unexpectedly fill your filesystem. Syntax useful for this is syslog.!=info for explicitly excluding these.
- named pipe containing statistics exported from rsyslog, usually created by the PMDA Install script.
- optional configuration file for pmdarsyslog
- installation script for the pmdarsyslog agent
- undo installation script for the pmdarsyslog agent
- default log file for error messages from pmdarsyslog