pmempool-create (1) - Linux Man Pages
pmempool-create: Create Persistent Memory Pool of specified type
NAMEpmempool-create - Create Persistent Memory Pool of specified type
SYNOPSISpmempool create [<options>] [<type>] [<bsize>] <file>
DESCRIPTIONThe pmempool invoked with create command creates a pool file of specified type. Depending on a pool type it is possible to provide more properties of pool.
Valid pool types are: blk, log and obj which stands for pmemblk, pmemlog and pmemobj pools respectively. By default the pool file is created with minimum allowed size for specified pool type. The minimum sizes for blk, log and obj pool types are PMEMBLK_MIN_POOL, PMEMLOG_MIN_POOL and PMEMOBJ_MIN_POOL respectively. See libpmemblk(3), libpmemlog(3) and libpmemobj(3) for details.
For pmemblk pool type block size <bsize> is a required argument.
In order to set custom size of pool use -s option, or use -M option to create a pool of maximum available size on underlying file system.
The size argument may be passed in format that permits only the upper-case character for byte - B as specified in IEC 80000-13, IEEE 1541 and the Metric Interchange Format. Standards accept SI units with obligatory B - kB, MB, GB ... which means multiplier by 1000 and IEC units with optional "iB" - KiB, MiB, GiB, ..., K, M, G, ... - which means multiplier by 1024.
-s, --size <size>
- Size of pool file.
- Set size of pool to available space of underlying file system.
-m, --mode <octal>
- Set permissions to <octal> (the default is 0664).
-i, --inherit <file>
- Create a new pool of the same size and other properties as <file>.
- Increase verbosity level.
- Display help message and exit.
Options for PMEMBLK:
By default when creating a pmem blk pool, the BTT layout is not written until the first write operation of block entry is performed. Using -w option you can force writing the BTT layout. Please refer to libpmemblk(3) for details.
- Force writing the BTT layout.
Options for PMEMOBJ:
By default when creating a pmem obj pool, the layout name provided to the libpmemobj library is an empty string. Please refer to libpmemobj(3) for details.
-l, --layout <layout>
- Layout name of the pmemobj pool.
- pmempool create blk 512 pool.blk
- # Create a blk pool file of minimum allowed size and block size 512 bytes
- pmempool create log -M pool.log
- # Create a log pool file of maximum allowed size
- pmempool create blk --size=4G --write-layout 1K pool.blk
- # Create a blk pool file of size 4G, block size 1K and write the BTT layout
- pmempool create --layout my_layout obj pool.obj
- # Create an obj pool file of minimum allowed size and layout 'my_layout'
- pmempool create --inherit=pool.log new_pool.log
- # Create a pool file based on pool.log file
PMEMPOOLPart of the pmempool(1) suite.