ypwhich (1) - Linux Manuals
ypwhich: return name of NIS server or map master
NAMEypwhich - return name of NIS server or map master
SYNOPSISypwhich [ -d domain ] [ -Vn ] [ hostname ]
ypwhich [ -d domain ] [ -t ] -m [ mname ]
DESCRIPTIONypwhich returns the name of the NIS server that supplies the NIS services to a NIS client, or which is the master for a map. If invoked without arguments, it gives the NIS server for the local machine. If hostname is specified, that machine is queried to find out which NIS master it is using.
- -d domain
- Specify a domain other than the default domain.
- This option inhibits map nickname translation.
- -m mname
- Find the master NIS server for a map. No hostname can be specified with the -m option. mname can be a mapname or nickname for a map. If mname is omitted, ypwhich will produce a list of available maps.
- Display the map nickname translation table.
V2 is default.
- map nickname translation table.
AUTHORypwhich is part of the yp-tools package, which was written by Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk [at] linux-nis.org>.