openssl-engine (1ssl) - Linux Manuals
openssl-engine: load and query engines
openssl-engine, engine - load and query engines
SYNOPSISopenssl engine [ engine... ] [-v] [-vv] [-vvv] [-vvv] [-vvv] [-c] [-t] [-tt] [-pre command] [-post command] [ engine... ]
DESCRIPTIONThe engine command is used to query the status and capabilities of the specified engine's. Engines may be specified before and after all other command-line flags. Only those specified are queried.
- -v -vv -vvv -vvvv
- Provides information about each specified engine. The first flag lists all the possible run-time control commands; the second adds a description of each command; the third adds the input flags, and the final option adds the internal input flags.
- Lists the capabilities of each engine.
- Tests if each specified engine is available, and displays the answer.
- Displays an error trace for any unavailable engine.
- -pre command
- -post command
- Command-line configuration of engines. The -pre command is given to the engine before it is loaded and the -post command is given after the engine is loaded. The command is of the form cmd:val where cmd is the command, and val is the value for the command. See the example below.
EXAMPLETo list all the commands available to a dynamic engine:
$ openssl engine -t -tt -vvvv dynamic (dynamic) Dynamic engine loading support [ unavailable ] SO_PATH: Specifies the path to the new ENGINE shared library (input flags): STRING NO_VCHECK: Specifies to continue even if version checking fails (boolean) (input flags): NUMERIC ID: Specifies an ENGINE id name for loading (input flags): STRING LIST_ADD: Whether to add a loaded ENGINE to the internal list (0=no,1=yes,2=mandatory) (input flags): NUMERIC DIR_LOAD: Specifies whether to load from 'DIR_ADD' directories (0=no,1=yes,2=mandatory) (input flags): NUMERIC DIR_ADD: Adds a directory from which ENGINEs can be loaded (input flags): STRING LOAD: Load up the ENGINE specified by other settings (input flags): NO_INPUT
To list the capabilities of the rsax engine:
$ openssl engine -c (rsax) RSAX engine support [RSA] (dynamic) Dynamic engine loading support
- The path to the engines directory.
COPYRIGHTCopyright 2016-2018 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved.
Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the ``License''). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at <https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html>.