Tk_GetSelection (3) - Linux Man Pages
Tk_GetSelection: retrieve the contents of a selection
Tk_GetSelection - retrieve the contents of a selection
#include <tk.h> int Tk_GetSelection(interp, tkwin, selection, target, proc, clientData)
- Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for reporting errors.
- Tk_Window tkwin (in) Window on whose behalf to retrieve the selection (determines display from which to retrieve).
- Atom selection (in) The name of the selection to be retrieved.
- Atom target (in) Form in which to retrieve selection.
- Tk_GetSelProc *proc (in) Procedure to invoke to process pieces of the selection as they are retrieved.
ClientData clientData (in)
Arbitrary one-word value to pass to proc.
Tk_GetSelection retrieves the selection specified by the atom selection in the format specified by target. The selection may actually be retrieved in several pieces; as each piece is retrieved, proc is called to process the piece. Proc should have arguments and result that match the type Tk_GetSelProc:
typedef int Tk_GetSelProc( ClientData clientData, Tcl_Interp *interp, char *portion);
Tk_GetSelection returns to its caller when the selection has been completely retrieved and processed by proc, or when a fatal error has occurred (e.g. the selection owner did not respond promptly). Tk_GetSelection normally returns TCL_OK; if an error occurs, it returns TCL_ERROR and leaves an error message in interp->result. Proc should also return either TCL_OK or TCL_ERROR. If proc encounters an error in dealing with the selection, it should leave an error message in interp->result and return TCL_ERROR; this will abort the selection retrieval.
KEYWORDSformat, get, selection retrieval