WildMidi_Init (3) - Linux Man Pages
WildMidi_Init: Initialize the library
NAMEWildMidi_Init - Initialize the library
WildMidi_Init (const char *config_file, unsigned short int rate, unsigned short int options)
DESCRIPTIONInitializes libWildMidi in preparation for playback. This function only needs to be called once by the program using libWildMidi.
- The file that contains the instrument configuration for the library.
- The sound rate you want the the audio data output at. Rates accepted by libWildMidi are 11025 - 65000.
The initial options to set for the library. see below.
- By default the library uses linear volume levels typically used in computer MIDI players. These can differ somewhat to volume levels found on some midi hardware which may use a volume curve based on decibels. This option sets the volume levels to what you'd expect on such devices.
- By default libWildMidi uses linear interpolation for the resampling of the sound samples. Setting this option enables the library to use a resampling method that attempts to fill in the gaps giving richer sound.
- libWildMidi has an 8 reflection reverb engine. Use this option to give more depth to the output.
- Ignores the fractional or decimal part of a tempo setting. If you are having timing issues try WM_MO_ROUNDTEMPO before trying this option. This option added due to some software not supporting fractional tempos allowable in the MIDI specification.
- Rounds the fractional or decimal part of a tempo setting. Try this option is you are having timing issues, if this fails then try WM_MO_WHOLETEMPO. This option added due to some software not supporting fractional tempos allowable in the MIDI specification.
AUTHORChris Ison <wildcode [at] users.sf.net> Bret Curtis <psi29a [at] gmail.com>
COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) Chris Ison 2001-2010 Copyright (C) Bret Curtis 2013-2014
This file is part of WildMIDI.
WildMIDI is free software: you can redistribute and/or modify the player under the terms of the GNU General Public License and you can redistribute and/or modify the library under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the licenses, or(at your option) any later version.
WildMIDI is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License and the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License and the GNU Lesser General Public License along with WildMIDI. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
This manpage is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA.