XbaeCaption (3) - Linux Man Pages
XbaeCaption: The Bellcore Application Environment (BAE) XbaeCaption widget class.
NAMEXbaeCaption - The Bellcore Application Environment (BAE) XbaeCaption widget class.
DESCRIPTIONXbaeCaption is a simple manager used to associate a label with its single child. The label may be either an XmString or a Pixmap and can be displayed in any one of twelve positions around the edge of the child. XbaeCaption performs geometry management so that its size always matches its child's size plus the size of the label and label offset. By using XbaeCaption with an XmFrame child, groups of related widgets can be labeled in a visually appealing manner. XbaeCaption is also useful for associating labels with individual XmTextFields.
ClassesXbaeCaption inherits behavior and resources from the Core, Composite, Constraint and XmManager widget classes.
The class pointer is xbaeCaptionWidgetClass.
The class name is XbaeCaption.
New ResourcesThe following table lists the new resources defined by XbaeCaption. The codes in the Access column indicate whether the given resource can be set at creation time (C), or set by using XtSetValues (S), or retrieved by using XtGetValues (G).
- Specifies the font of the text used in the caption label. If this value is NULL at initialization, it is initialized by looking up the parent hierarchy of the widget for an ancestor that is a subclass of the XmBulletinBoard, VendorShell or XmMenuShell widget class. If such an ancestor is found, the font list is initialized to the appropriate default font list of the ancestor widget XmNdefaultFontList for VendorShell and XmMenuShell, XmNlabelFontList or XmNbuttonFontList for XmBulletinBoard. Refer to XmFontList(3X) for more information on the creation and structure of a font list. This resource is copied.
- Specifies the alignment of the caption label along the side of the caption child. Must be one of the enumerated XbaeLabelAlignment types: XbaeAlignmentTopOrLeft, XbaeAlignmentCenter, XbaeAlignmentBottomOrRight.
- Specifies the offset, in pixels, of the caption label from the caption child. If the offset is negative, then the caption label will overlap the caption child by that many pixels.
- Specifies the caption label pixmap when XmNlabelType is XmPIXMAP.
- Specifies on which side of the caption child the caption label should be placed. Must be one of the enumerated XbaeLabelPosition types: XbaePositionLeft, XbaePositionRight, XbaePositionTop, XbaePositionBottom.
- Specifies the compound string when the XmNlabelType is XmSTRING. If this value is NULL, it is initialized by converting the name of the widget to a compound string. Refer to XmString(3X) for more information on the creation and structure of compound strings.
- Specifies the text alignment for the caption label. This resource is only useful for multi line caption labels. Valid values are: XmALIGNMENT_BEGINNING left alignment causes the left sides of the lines of text to be vertically aligned. XmALIGNMENT_CENTER center alignment causes the centers of the lines of text to be vertically aligned. XmALIGNMENT_END right alignment causes the right sides of the lines of text to be vertically aligned.
- Specifies the caption label type. Valid values are: XmSTRING - the caption label will display the XmNlabelString. XmPIXMAP - the caption label will display the XmNlabelPixmap.
Inherited ResourcesThe following table lists the resources which XbaeCaption inherits from it's superclasses XmManager, Compositeand Core. For a complete description of each resource, refer to the man page for that superclass. The codes in the "Access" column indicate whether the given resource can be set at creation time (C), or set by using XtSetValues (S), or retrieved by using XtGetValues (G).
TranslationsXbaeCaption inherits translations from XmManager.
In addition to the standard type converters registered by Xt and Motif, XbaeCaption registers the following additional type converters:
- Converts a String to the enumerated XbaeLabelAlignment type. The Strings TopOrLeft, Top and Left are converted to XbaeAlignmentTopOrLeft. The String Center is converted to XbaeAlignmentCenter. The Strings BottomOrRight, Bottom and Right are converted to XbaeAlignmentBottomOrRight. This converter allows the XmNlabelAlignment resource to be specified in a resource file. The converter is case insensitive.
Converts a String to the enumerated
type. The String
is converted to
is converted to
Top is converted to
Bottom is converted to
This converter allows the
resource to be specified in a resource file. The converter is case
The following external entry points to XbaeCaption class methods are defined:
Widget XbaeCreateCaption() Widget parent; String name; ArgList arglist; Cardinal argcount;
- Specifies the parent widget ID.
- Specifies the name of the created widget
- Specifies the argument list
- Specifies the number of attribute/value pairs in the argument list (arglist)
XbaeCreateCaption() creates an instance of an XbaeCaption widget and returns the associated widget ID.
The bindings for virtual keys are vendor specific. For information about bindings for virtual buttons and keys, see VirtualBindings(3X).
AUTHORAndrew Wason, Bellcore, Piscataway NJ; author
(aw [at] bae.bellcore.com)
(lister [at] db.com)
Notice of Limitation
Bellcore, previous and current maintainers of the Xbae widgets (collectively 'authors') provide this information solely to professionals who have the appropriate degree of experience to understand and interpret its contents in accordance with generally accepted engineering or other professional standards and applicable regulations. No recommendations as to products or vendors is made or should be implied.
While the information contained herein has been prepared from sources deemed to be reliable, the authors reserve the right to revise the information without notice, but have no obligation to do so. Unless the recipient has been expressly granted a license by Bellcore under separate applicable written agreement with Bellcore, no license, expressed or implied, is granted under any patents, copyrights or other intellectual property rights. Use of the information is at your discretion and shall not be deemed an inducement by Bellcore to infringe any existing or later-issued patent, copyrights or other intellectual property right.
THE AUTHORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS AND EXTENDS NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND THE WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF PATENTS OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'', AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RELATING TO THE INFORMATION.
Copyright 1991 Bellcore. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright 1995-99 Andrew Lister
All Rights Reserved.
Copyright 1999-2002 LessTif Developers
The above no warranty extends to all additions and contributions. No contributor shall be held liable; this work is provided ``as is''. If this is a problem for you, then don't use this software.