XmCvtTextPropertyToXmStringTable (3) - Linux Man Pages
XmCvtTextPropertyToXmStringTable: A function that converts from a TextProperty Structure to a StringTable
NAMEXmCvtTextPropertyToXmStringTable --- A function that converts from a TextProperty Structure to a StringTable
#include <Xm/Xm.h> int XmCvtTextPropertyToXmStringTable (display, text_prop, string_table_return, count_return) Display *display; XTextProperty *text_prop; XmStringTable *string_table_return; int *count_return; (void)
XmCvtTextPropertyToXmStringTable converts the specified XTextProperty structure into an XmStringTable, as follows:
- If the encoding member of text_prop is the Atom STRING, each returned XmString has a tag of "ISO8859-1" and a text type of XmCHARSET_TEXT.
- If the encoding member of text_prop is the encoding of the current locale, and if that encoding is not STRING, each returned XmString has a tag of _MOTIF_DEFAULT_LOCALE and a text type of XmMULTIBYTE_TEXT.
- If the encoding member of text_prop is other than STRING or the encoding of the current locale, the contents of the returned compound strings are implementation dependent.
If conversion depends on the locale and the current locale is not supported, the function returns XLocaleNotSupported. If conversion to the encoding of the current locale is required and if the locale is supported but no converter is available for the encoding specified in text_prop, the function returns XConverterNotFound. For supported locales, existence of a converter from COMPOUND_TEXT, STRING, UTF8_STRING, or the encoding of the current locale is guaranteed if XSupportsLocale returns True for the current locale (but the actual text may contain unconvertible characters). Conversion of other encodings to the encoding of the current locale is implementation dependent. In all of these error cases, the function does not set any return values.
If an element of the value member of text_prop is not convertible to XmString, the corresponding entry in the returned XmStringTable will be NULL, and XmCvtTextPropertyToXmStringTable returns Success.
To free the storage for the XmStringTable and its count_return compound strings returned by this function, first free each XmString in the table using XmStringFree, and then free the XmStringTable itself using XtFree.
- Specifies the connection to the X server.
- Specifies a pointer to the XTextProperty. The format member of text_prop must be 8.
- Specifies the XmStringTable array into which the converted compound strings are placed.
- Specifies the number of XmStrings returned by this function.
Upon success, this function returns the set of XmStrings in string_table_return, and it returns the number of XmStrings in count_return, and returns Success. Otherwise, it returns the following:
- Returned if conversion depends on the locale and the current locale is not supported.
- Returned if conversion to the encoding of the current locale is required and if the locale is supported but no converter is available for the encoding specified in text_prop.