XmSeparatorGadget (3) - Linux Manuals
XmSeparatorGadget: The SeparatorGadget widget class
NAMEXmSeparatorGadget --- The SeparatorGadget widget class
SeparatorGadget separates items in a display. Several line drawing styles are provided, as well as horizontal or vertical orientation.
Lines drawn within the SeparatorGadget are automatically centered within the height of the gadget for a horizontal orientation and centered within the width of the gadget for a vertical orientation. An XtSetValues with a new XmNseparatorType resizes the widget to its minimal height (for horizontal orientation) or its minimal width (for vertical orientation) unless height or width is explicitly set in the XtSetValues call.
SeparatorGadget does not draw shadows around the separator. The Gadget resource XmNshadowThickness is used for the SeparatorGadget's thickness when XmNseparatorType is XmSHADOW_ETCHED_IN, XmSHADOW_ETCHED_IN_DASH, XmSHADOW_ETCHED_OUT, or XmSHADOW_ETCHED_OUT_DASH.
SeparatorGadget inherits behavior, resources, and traits from Object, RectObj, and XmGadget.
The class pointer is xmSeparatorGadgetClass.
The following table defines a set of widget resources used by the programmer to specify data. The programmer can also set the resource values for the inherited classes to set attributes for this widget. To reference a resource by name or by class in a .Xdefaults file, remove the XmN or XmC prefix and use the remaining letters. To specify one of the defined values for a resource in a .Xdefaults file, remove the Xm prefix and use the remaining letters (in either lowercase or uppercase, but include any underscores between words). The codes in the access column indicate if the given resource can be set at creation time (C), set by using XtSetValues (S), retrieved by using XtGetValues (G), or is not applicable (N/A).
- For horizontal orientation, specifies the space on the left and right sides between the border of SeparatorGadget and the line drawn. For vertical orientation, specifies the space on the top and bottom between the border of SeparatorGadget and the line drawn.
- Specifies whether SeparatorGadget is displayed vertically or horizontally. This resource can have values of XmVERTICAL and XmHORIZONTAL.
Specifies the type of line drawing to be done in the Separator widget.
- Single line.
- Double line.
- Single-dashed line.
- Double-dashed line.
- No line.
- A line whose shadows give the effect of a line etched into the window. The thickness of the line is equal to the value of XmNshadowThickness. For horizontal orientation, the top shadow is drawn in XmNtopShadowColor and the bottom shadow is drawn in XmNbottomShadowColor. For vertical orientation, the left edge is drawn in XmNtopShadowColor and the right edge is drawn in XmNbottomShadowColor.
- A line whose shadows give the effect of an etched line coming out of the window. The thickness of the line is equal to the value of XmNshadowThickness. For horizontal orientation, the top shadow is drawn in XmNbottomShadowColor and the bottom shadow is drawn in XmNtopShadowColor. For vertical orientation, the left edge is drawn in XmNbottomShadowColor and the right edge is drawn in XmNtopShadowColor.
- Identical to XmSHADOW_ETCHED_IN except a series of lines creates a dashed line.
- Identical to XmSHADOW_ETCHED_OUT except a series of lines creates a dashed line.
SeparatorGadget inherits behavior and resources from the superclasses in the following tables. For a complete description of each resource, refer to the reference page for that superclass.