XtInitialize (3) - Linux Man Pages
XtInitialize - initialize
- Widget XtInitialize(String shell_name, String application_class, XrmOptionDescRec* options, Cardinal num_options, int* argc, char** argv);
- Specifies the name of the created shell widget.
- Specifies the class name of this application, which usually is the generic name for all instances of this application.
- Specifies how to parse the command line for any application-specific resources. The options argument is passed as a parameter to XrmParseCommand. For further information, see Xlib - C Language X Interface.
- Specifies the number of entries in the options list.
- Specifies a pointer to the number of command line parameters.
- Specifies the command line parameters.
DESCRIPTIONXtInitialize calls XtToolkitInitialize followed by XtOpenDisplay with display_string NULL and application_name NULL, and finally calls XtAppCreateShell with application_name NULL, widget_class applicationShellWidgetClass, and the specified args and num_args and returns the created shell. The semantics of calling XtInitialize more than once are undefined. This routine has been replaced by XtAppInitialize.
X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface
Xlib - C Language X Interface