get_spf (3) - Linux Man Pages
get_spf: returns the samples per frame for a field in a
NAMEget_spf --- returns the samples per frame for a field in a dirfile
- gd_spf_t get_spf(DIRFILE *dirfile, const char *field_code);
The dirfile argument must point to a valid DIRFILE object previously created by a call to dirfile_open(3).
RETURN VALUEUpon successful completion, get_spf() returns the number of samples per frame for the field specified. On error, it returns zero and sets the dirfile error to a non-zero error value. Possible error values are:
- The field specified by field_code was not found in the database.
- The supplied dirfile was invalid.
- The representation suffix specified in field_code was not recognised.
- An internal error occurred in the library while trying to perform the task. This indicates a bug in the library. Please report the incident to the maintainer.
- Too many levels of recursion were encountered while trying to resolve field_code. This usually indicates a circular dependency in field specification in the dirfile. The dirfile error may be retrieved by calling get_error(3). A descriptive error string for the last error encountered can be obtained from a call to get_error_string(3).