gnutls_pkcs12_simple_parse (3) - Linux Man Pages
gnutls_pkcs12_simple_parse: API function
NAMEgnutls_pkcs12_simple_parse - API function
int gnutls_pkcs12_simple_parse(gnutls_pkcs12_t p12, const char * password, gnutls_x509_privkey_t * key, gnutls_x509_crt_t ** chain, unsigned int * chain_len, gnutls_x509_crt_t ** extra_certs, unsigned int * extra_certs_len, gnutls_x509_crl_t * crl, unsigned int flags);
- gnutls_pkcs12_t p12
- should contain a gnutls_pkcs12_t structure
- const char * password
- optional password used to decrypt the structure, bags and keys.
- gnutls_x509_privkey_t * key
- a structure to store the parsed private key.
- gnutls_x509_crt_t ** chain
- the corresponding to key certificate chain (may be NULL)
- unsigned int * chain_len
- will be updated with the number of additional (may be NULL)
- gnutls_x509_crt_t ** extra_certs
- optional pointer to receive an array of additional certificates found in the PKCS12 structure (may be NULL).
- unsigned int * extra_certs_len
- will be updated with the number of additional certs (may be NULL).
- gnutls_x509_crl_t * crl
- an optional structure to store the parsed CRL (may be NULL).
- unsigned int flags
- should be zero or one of GNUTLS_PKCS12_SP_*
DESCRIPTIONThis function parses a PKCS12 structure in pkcs12 and extracts the private key, the corresponding certificate chain, any additional certificates and a CRL.
The extra_certs and extra_certs_len parameters are optional and both may be set to NULL. If either is non-NULL, then both must be set. The value for extra_certs is allocated using gnutls_malloc().
Encrypted PKCS12 bags and PKCS8 private keys are supported, but only with password based security and the same password for all operations.
Note that a PKCS12 structure may contain many keys and/or certificates, and there is no way to identify which key/certificate pair you want. For this reason this function is useful for PKCS12 files that contain only one key/certificate pair and/or one CRL.
If the provided structure has encrypted fields but no password is provided then this function returns GNUTLS_E_DECRYPTION_FAILED.
Note that normally the chain constructed does not include self signed certificates, to comply with TLS' requirements. If, however, the flag GNUTLS_PKCS12_SP_INCLUDE_SELF_SIGNED is specified then self signed certificates will be included in the chain.
RETURNSOn success, GNUTLS_E_SUCCESS (0) is returned, otherwise a negative error value.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to <bugs [at] gnutls.org>.
Home page: http://www.gnutls.org
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2001-2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc..
Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved.
SEE ALSOThe full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the /usr/share/doc/gnutls/ directory does not contain the HTML form visit