ncl_c_ftkurvp (3) - Linux Man Pages
ncl_c_ftkurvp: interpolation for closed parametric curves
NAMEc_ftkurvp - interpolation for closed parametric curves
FUNCTION PROTOTYPEint c_ftkurvp (int, float , float , int, float , float , float );
SYNOPSISint c_ftkurvp (n, xi, yi, m, t, xo, yo);
- The number of input data values. (n > 1)
- An array containing the abscissae for the input function.
- An array containing the functional values (y[k] is the functional value at x[k] for k=0,n-1).
- The number of desired interpolated values.
- Contains an array of values for the parameter mapping onto the interpolated curve. Any interval [tt,tt+1.] maps onto the entire curve.
- An array containing the X values for the interpolated points. t[k] maps to (xo[k],yo[k]) for k=0,m-1.
- An array containing the Y values for the interpolated points. t[k] maps to (xo[k],yo[k]) for k=0,m-1.
RETURN VALUEc_ftkurvp returns an error value as per:
USAGEThis procedure calculates an interpolatory spline under tension through a sequence of points in the plane forming a closed curve.
Given a sequence of distinct input points ( (x,y), ... , (x[n-1],y[n-1]), the interpolated curve is parameterized by mapping points in the interval [0.,1.] onto the interpolated curve. The resulting curve has a parametric representation both of whose components are splines under tension and functions of the polygonal arc length. The value 0. is mapped onto (x,y) and the value 1. is mapped onto (x,y) as well (completing the closed curve).
c_ftkurvp is called after all of the desired values for control parameters have been set using the procedures c_ftseti, c_ftsetr, c_ftsetc. The only control parameter that applies to c_ftkurvp is: sig.
ACCESSTo use c_ftkurvp, load the NCAR Graphics library ngmath.
COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) 2000
University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
The use of this Software is governed by a License Agreement.
SEE ALSOfitgrid_params, c_ftseti, c_ftsetr, c_ftsetc.
Complete documentation for Fitgrid is available at URL