xcb_image_text_8 (3) - Linux Manuals
xcb_image_text_8: Draws text
xcb_image_text_8 - Draws text
- xcb_void_cookie_t xcb_image_text_8(xcb_connection_t
*conn, uint8_t string_len, xcb_drawable_t drawable, xcb_gcontext_t gc, int16_t x, int16_t y, const char *string);
- The XCB connection to X11.
- The length of the string. Note that this parameter limited by 255 due to using 8 bits!
- The drawable (Window or Pixmap) to draw text on.
The graphics context to use.
The following graphics context components are used: plane-mask, foreground, background, font, subwindow-mode, clip-x-origin, clip-y-origin, and clip-mask.
- The x coordinate of the first character, relative to the origin of drawable.
- The y coordinate of the first character, relative to the origin of drawable.
- The string to draw. Only the first 255 characters are relevant due to the data type of string_len.
DESCRIPTIONFills the destination rectangle with the background pixel from gc, then paints the text with the foreground pixel from gc. The upper-left corner of the filled rectangle is at [x, y - font-ascent]. The width is overall-width, the height is font-ascent + font-descent. The overall-width, font-ascent and font-descent are as returned by xcb_query_text_extents (TODO).
RETURN VALUEReturns an xcb_void_cookie_t. Errors (if any) have to be handled in the event loop.
If you want to handle errors directly with xcb_request_check instead, use xcb_image_text_8_checked. See xcb-requests(3) for details.
- The specified drawable (Window or Pixmap) does not exist.
- The specified graphics context does not exist.
- TODO: reasons?
AUTHORGenerated from xproto.xml. Contact xcb [at] lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements.