xcb_set_input_focus (3) - Linux Manuals
xcb_set_input_focus: Sets input focus
xcb_set_input_focus - Sets input focus
- xcb_void_cookie_t xcb_set_input_focus(xcb_connection_t
*conn, uint8_t revert_to, xcb_window_t focus, xcb_timestamp_t time);
- The XCB connection to X11.
One of the following values:
- The focus reverts to XCB_NONE, so no window will have the input focus.
- The focus reverts to XCB_POINTER_ROOT respectively. When the focus reverts, FocusIn and FocusOut events are generated, but the last-focus-change time is not changed.
- The focus reverts to the parent (or closest viewable ancestor) and the new revert_to value is XCB_INPUT_FOCUS_NONE.
- NOT YET DOCUMENTED. Only relevant for the xinput extension.
Specifies what happens when the focus window becomes unviewable (if focus is neither XCB_NONE nor XCB_POINTER_ROOT).
The window to focus. All keyboard events will be reported to this window. The
window must be viewable (TODO), or a xcb_match_error_t occurs (TODO).
If focus is XCB_NONE (TODO), all keyboard events are discarded until a new focus window is set.
If focus is XCB_POINTER_ROOT (TODO), focus is on the root window of the screen on which the pointer is on currently.
Timestamp to avoid race conditions when running X over the network.
The special value XCB_CURRENT_TIME will be replaced with the current server time.
DESCRIPTIONChanges the input focus and the last-focus-change time. If the specified time is earlier than the current last-focus-change time, the request is ignored (to avoid race conditions when running X over the network).
A FocusIn and FocusOut event is generated when focus is changed.
RETURN VALUEReturns an xcb_void_cookie_t. Errors (if any) have to be handled in the event loop.
If you want to handle errors directly with xcb_request_check instead, use xcb_set_input_focus_checked. See xcb-requests(3) for details.
- The specified focus window is not viewable.
- TODO: Reasons?
- The specified focus window does not exist.
AUTHORGenerated from xproto.xml. Contact xcb [at] lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements.