ncidd (5) - Linux Man Pages
ncidd: ncidd configuration file
NAMEncidd.conf - ncidd configuration file
DESCRIPTIONThe ncidd.conf file contains the configuration information for ncidd, the Network Caller ID Server.
The ncidd.conf file is used to set options. Options are set on a command line. A line is broken up into words. A word is either a string of non-blank characters, everything between double quotes, or an equal sign.
The ncidd.conf file understands 5 types of lines:
- blank line
- skip it
- comment line, beginning with '#'
- skip it
- command lines, beginning with 'send'
- where DATATYPE = cidlog, cidinfo
- command lines, beginning with 'set'
set ITEM = VALUE [ITEM = VALUE] [...]
- where ITEM = cidlog, cidlogmax, datalog, initcid, initstr, lockfile, noserial, port, ttyclocal, ttyport, ttyspeed, nomodem, verbose
EXAMPLESSend the CID log to each client at connect:
Send the ring count, at each ring, to each client
Set the modem for Caller ID:
Set the modem port:
Set the Telephone Line Indicator for the modem:
Use a modem and possibly a Gateway to obtain the Caller ID:
Do not use a modem, just use a Gateway to obtain the Caller ID:
SEE ALSOncid.1, ncidtools.1, lcdncid.1, out2osd.1, ncidd.8 ncidd.alias.5