LDP (7) - Linux Man Pages
LDP: Intro to the Linux Documentation Project, with help, guides and documents
LDP - Intro to the Linux Documentation Project, with help, guides and documents
SYNOPSISThe Linux Documentation Project (LDP) provides a variety of free documentation resources including guides, FAQs, HOWTOs, and man-pages to the Linux community.
AUTHORSThe various documents in the LDP archives are maintained by individual authors, and are listed in the beginning of each HOWTO. If you have any questions or inputs to a document we encourage you to contact the authors directly.
WEB PAGESThe LDP has its own dedicated web site as do many of the various translations projects which are linked from the main LDP web site at:
MAN PAGESA web page with status information for manual pages and translations is found at:
MAILING LISTSLDP has a number of mailing lists, such as
- <announce [at] en.tlpd.org> Announcements from the LDP project
- <discuss [at] en.tldp.org>
- General discussion on the LDP project
- <docbook [at] en.tldp.org>
- Questions about the use of DocBook
For subscription information, see the website.
If you are interested in DocBook beyond the simple markup of your LDP document, you may want to consider joining one of the OASIS DocBook mailing lists. Please see http://docbook.org/mailinglist/index.html for more information.
FILESMost distributions include the HOWTOs and mini-HOWTOs in the installation
- /usr/doc/ (old place for documentation)
- /usr/share/doc/ (new place for documentation)
- /usr/share/doc/HOWTO/ (HOWTO files)
- /usr/share/doc/HOWTO/mini/ (mini-HOWTO files)