cfetoolcreate (8) - Linux Manuals
cfetoolcreate: Set up a new Database
NAMEcfetool create - Set up a new Database
SYNOPSIScfetool create name [--path|-p
DESCRIPTIONCreates a new database and, optionally, histogram file in a new directory with the name given. If the -p option is specified, it will be created as a subdirectory of the path given. Otherwise, it will be a subdirectory of the current working directory.
- The directory in which to create the new database folder. If this argument is not provided, the current working directory will be used.
- The interval, in minutes, with which the database will be updated. If this argument is not provided, cfetool assumes a default of 5 minutes.
- Create a database for recording daily patterns.
- Create a database for recording weekly patterns.
- Create a database for recording yearly patterns.
- Communicate with cfengine. If this option is specified, cfetool will set classes understandable by cfagent. For more information, see the cfenvd documentation.
- Create a histogram file, to store information about the probability distribiution of fluctuations about the mean value over all times of day. Cfetool won't write anything to this file for the first four weeks, as it has to have reliable mean values in order to accurately calculate it.
- Print details of the command's execution to the standard output stream.
Specifies a file which contains measurements to feed into the database in
batch mode. Used for testing purposes. Each line in the file should be in
either of these formats:
month/day/year hour:min:sec value
- Prints a short help message and then exits.
% cfetool create temperature --path /my/path --histograms --step 10
AUTHORSThe code and documentation were contributed by Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, a department of Stanford University. This documentation was written by
COPYRIGHT AND DISCLAIMER
Copyright 2004 Alf Wachsmann <alfw [at] slac.stanford.edu> and Elizabeth Cassell <e_a_c [at] mailsnare.net> All rights reserved.