dhcp6relay (8) - Linux Man Pages
dhcp6relay: DHCPv6 relay agent
dhcp6relay - DHCPv6 relay agent
SYNOPSIS[-Ddf ] [-b boundaddr ] [-H hoplim ] [-r relay-IF ] [-s serveraddr ] [-S script-file ] [-p pid-file ] interface ...
DESCRIPTIONacts as an intermediary to deliver DHCPv6 messages between clients and servers, and is on the same link as a client. needs command line arguments interface ... which specifies the list of links accommodating clients.
Options supported by are:
- Print debugging messages.
- Even more debugging information is printed.
- Foreground mode (useful when debugging). Although usually prints warning, debugging, or error messages to syslog(8), it prints the messages to standard error if this option is specified.
- -b boundaddr
- Specifies the source address to relay packets to servers (or other agents).
- -H hoplim
- Specifies the hop limit of DHCPv6 Solicit messages forwarded to servers.
- -r relay-IF
- Specifies the interface on which messages to servers are sent. When omitted, the same interface as interface will be used. When multiple interface are specified, this option cannot be omitted.
- -s serveraddr
- Specifies the DHCPv6 server address to relay packets to. If not specified, packets are relayed to ff05::1:3 (All DHCPv6 servers).
- -S script-file
- Specifies the script file to be executed when receives a RELAY-REPLY message from a DHCPv6 server. Further detail of the script file syntax is available in dhcp6c(8)
- -p pid-file
- Use pid-file to dump the process ID of .
- is the default file that contains pid of the currently running .
HISTORYThe command first appeared in WIDE/KAME IPv6 protocol stack kit.