gpt-pkg (8) - Linux Manuals
gpt-pkg: Creates flavored binary packages out of an installation
gpt-pkg - Creates flavored binary packages out of an installation
SYNOPSISgpt-pkg [options] packages
Options: -verbose Print copious output -help Print usage -man Print man page. -version Print GPT version. -native Create native pkgs as well as GPT pkgs (RPMs only). -all Archive everything in the package directory.. -installdir=PATH Override $GLOBUS_LOCATION -pkgdir=PATH Directory to put the packages -rpmprefix=PATH Absolute path encoded in the RPM. -buildnumber=NUMBER Build number used for pgm_static packages -rpmlicense=LABEL License Label added to the RPM header [packages] List of packages to be archived
DESCRIPTIONgpt-pkg Creates binary packages from an installation. The installation needs to contain GPT packaging data files. An installation is created by running gpt-build on a collection of source packages or bundles.
FILES IN PGM PACKAGESInstalled files such as executables that are found in pgm and ptm_static packages will overwrite one another when multiple flavors of the same package are built by gpt-build. To preserve multiple flavors of these files, gpt-build copies them into flavored subdirectories. For example, the program $GLOBUS_LOCATION/bin/foo will be copied into the location $GLOBUS_LOCATION/bin/gcc32/shared if it was built with dynamically with the gcc32 flavor. gpt-pkg retrieves these files and copies them back to their proper location before packaging them. Thus gpt-pkg will also overwrite these files as it archives the different flavors of a pgm package.
- Specify the directory in which the installed files currently live. If this argument is not supplied, the value of the environment variable GLOBUS_LOCATION is used instead.
- Packages all of the binaries in an installation.
- Creates a package in the native packaging format. Currently only rpm is supported.
- This should be set to the path to your GLOBUS_LOCATION. GPT will use a value of ``/usr/grid'' if this option is not specified.
- Provides an alternate copyright label for the rpms. The default is whatever GPT was configured with.
- Prints out all of the build messages.
- Appends all of the build messages to FILE. This option also sets -verbose.
- Print a brief help message and exits.
- Prints the manual page and exits.
- Prints the version of GPT and exits.
pgm and pgm_static packagesgpt-build copies the files for these packages in a flavored location because different flavors of these types of packages will conflict with each other. gpt-pkg restores these files when it packages pgm and pgm_static types.
AUTHORMichael Bletzinger <mbletzin.ncsa.uiuc.edu> and Eric Blau <blau.mcs.anl.gov>