ipurge (8) - Linux Man Pages
ipurge: delete mail from IMAP mailbox or partition based on age or size
ipurge - delete mail from IMAP mailbox or partition based on age or size
SYNOPSISipurge [ -f ] [ -C config-file ] [ -x ] [ -X ] [ -i ] [ -s ] [ -o ]
DESCRIPTIONIpurge deletes messages from the mailbox(es) specified by mailbox-pattern that are older or larger than specified by the -d, -b, -k or -m options. If no mailbox-pattern is given, ipurge works on all mailboxes. If the -x option is given, the message age and size MUST match exactly those specified by -d, -b, -k or -m. The are no default values, and at least one of -d, -b, -k or -m MUST be specified.
Ipurge by default only deletes mail below shared folders, which means that mails in mailbox(es) below INBOX.* and user.* stay untouched. Use the option -f to also delete mail in mailbox(es) below these folders.
Ipurge reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C.
- Force deletion of mail in all mailboxes.
- -C config-file
- Read configuration options from config-file.
- -d days
- Age of message in days.
- -b bytes
- Size of message in bytes.
- -k Kbytes
- Size of message in Kbytes (2^10 bytes).
- -m Mbytes
- Size of message in Mbytes (2^20 bytes).
- Perform an exact match on age or size (instead of older or larger).
- Use delivery time instead of Date: header for date matches
- Invert match logic: -x means not equal, date is for newer, size is for smaller
- Skip over messages that have the \Flagged flag set.
- Only purge messages that have the \Deleted flag set.