lsusb (8) - Linux Man Pages
lsusb: list USB devices
lsusb - list USB devices
SYNOPSISlsusb [ options ]
DESCRIPTIONlsusb is a utility for displaying information about USB buses in the system and the devices connected to them.
- -v, --verbose
- Tells lsusb to be verbose and display detailed information about the devices shown. This includes configuration descriptors for the device's current speed. Class descriptors will be shown, when available, for USB device classes including hub, audio, HID, communications, and chipcard.
- -s [[bus]:][devnum]
- Show only devices in specified bus and/or devnum. Both ID's are given in decimal and may be omitted.
- -d [vendor]:[product]
- Show only devices with the specified vendor and product ID. Both ID's are given in hexadecimal.
- -D device
- Do not scan the /dev/bus/usb directory, instead display only information about the device whose device file is given. The device file should be something like /dev/bus/usb/001/001. This option displays detailed information like the v option; you must be root to do this.
- Tells lsusb to dump the physical USB device hierarchy as a tree. This overrides the v option.
- -V, --version
Print version information on standard output,
then exit successfully.
RETURN VALUEIf the specified device is not found, a non-zero exit code is returned.
A list of all known USB ID's (vendors, products, classes, subclasses and protocols).
AUTHORThomas Sailer, <sailer [at] ife.ee.ethz.ch>.