nodm (8) - Linux Man Pages
nodm: X display manager for automatic logins
NAMEnodm - X display manager for automatic logins
DESCRIPTIONnodm is a minimal display manager that simply logs in as a given user and starts an X session, without asking for username or password.
On a normal computer, using nodm is a big security issue because it would give anyone access to the computer.
However, there are cases where automatic login is needed: for example in an embedded system such as a mobile phone, or in a kiosk setup, or in a control panel for industrial machinery. For those cases, nodm is simple to setup, lightweight, and it should do exactly the right thing.
- print this help message
- print nodm's version number
- verbose outpout or logging
- only log warnings and errors
- run a nested X server, does not require root. The server defaults to "/usr/bin/Xnest :1", override with NODM_X_OPTIONS
- enable/disable logging to syslog
- enable/disable logging to stderr